FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Brittany Jablonsky, 202-314-3108
WASHINGTON (March 18, 2014) – The National Farmers Union (NFU) Board of Directors has elected members of its 2014 Executive Committee, comprised of the following:
- Secretary: Doug Peterson, Minnesota Farmers Union president
- Treasurer: John Hansen, Nebraska Farmers Union president
Other members of the Executive Committee:
- Jim Benham, Indiana Farmers Union president
- Terry Detrick, Oklahoma Farmers Union president
- Alan Merrill, Montana Farmers Union president
- Doug Sombke, South Dakota Farmers Union president
- Darin Von Ruden, Wisconsin Farmers Union president
- Mark Watne, North Dakota Farmers Union president
NFU President Roger Johnson and NFU Vice President Donn Teske, elected by delegates at the recent NFU convention, join the above as members of the Executive Committee. Teske is also the president of Kansas Farmers Union.
National Farmers Union has been working since 1902 to protect and enhance the economic well-being and quality of life for family farmers, ranchers and rural communities through advocating grassroots-driven policy positions adopted by its membership.