Get Health Care Coverage for 2019
This year, open enrollment is open from November 1 - December 15. Don't miss the deadline!
Open Enrollment is the annual period when you can shop for insurance through the health insurance marketplaces and either renew your old plan or sign up for a new one. Eight out of 10 people are eligible for premiums under $75 thanks to financial assistance offered through the Affordable Care Act. Most people who miss the Open Enrollment period will be without health insurance in 2019.
5 Facts You Need to Know About Open Enrollment
1. Open enrollment on the health care marketplace begins on November 1 and lasts until December 15 on Healthcare.gov.
2. Whether you are getting coverage for the first time or are returning to shop for a new plan, you must take action by December 15.
3. Those who choose to go without health insurance may have to pay a penalty. There is a minimum penalty of $695 for not having health insurance.
4. Coverage could be more affordable than you think. Eight out of 10 people are eligible for premiums under $75 thanks to financial assistance offered through the Affordable Care Act.
5. Free help is available. If you have questions about signing up, visit one of the resources offered below:
Through an Agent or Broker
Agents and brokers help you apply and enroll. (You pay no more with an agent or broker; some may sell only certain companies' plans.)
How: Enter your ZIP code to see a list of both agents/brokers and other assisters.
Already Covered? Spread the Word!
Your loved ones may not know that affordable options are available to them, and it’s better to be covered if something unexpected happens. By making sure word gets out about Open Enrollment, you can protect the health and financial wellness of the people you care about most.